Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Baby Product Reviews:

Hello there, Jack, here. I'm a very preppy guy (at least until Daddy gets a hold of my wardrobe) or I start rebelling by wearing black nail polish and combat boots. First: Let's discuss baby clothes:
Gerber clothes are durable, reasonably priced, but sized small - I'm wearing 6-9 month sizes already.
Carters outfits are cute, snugly, a little more expensive than Gerber and sized well - I'm wearing 6 month (which means 3-6 month) sizes.
Baby Gap is fantastic, pricey, but let's face it pretty much top-of-the-line in baby gear, and I'm perfectly sized for the 3-6 month clothes.
Gymboree, Children's Place, Oshkosh - these are all fine but I don't own a whole lot so I don't have a good basis of comparison.


Pacifiers: I've spoken with several of my friends and we have all agreed the pacifier is really a matter of personal taste. I prefer Playtex, some prefer Nuk, Avent, Soothie etc. Really this message is for the parents- If you want us to like a particular kind of pacifier because you think it's cute, you better get us hooked quick, because otherwise we'll pick our own preference.



Mom's latest purchase: The Bumbo. All during her pregnancy she talked about how dumb these seats were, but I kept showing her that, although I like my bouncy seat, sometimes I want to be able to look around a lot more than the bouncy seat allows.

I really enjoy the Bumbo because it's ergonomic, lightweight and spit-up-proof. I can look around, talk to Mommy, smile, and even bang on the Bumbo for entertainment. Whatever it's made out of- I can hit it really hard and it doesn't even hurt!

In general I would like to give a shout-out to the bib. Without the bib I would have suffered many a wardrobe malfunction as a result of accidental vomit or drool, but thanks to the bib I was able to continue on with my daily activities without worrying about an embarrassing mess. Thank you, great inventor of the bib!

No comments: