Thursday, July 22, 2010

Home

This is the house I grew up in.

This is the house I'm trying to buy.

I'll admit when I saw the pic in the listing, my breath kinda caught in my chest a little bit. The house I grew up in: my parents built it, like mostly with their own hands. I was 2 when they were working on the house, I'm sure there was a whole lotta crazy working on a house with a little kiddo under foot. Apparently I want to be like my parents... kinda almost just like my parents.
But seriously- this house once it's shown some love and respect is going to be a beautiful home.... I just hope it's my home.

5 comments:

emk said...

Wow! I hadn't ever seen your childhood home, but there certainly are lots o' similarities! (And nice job, parents, on building that!) Can't wait to see what develops on this adventure! We're rooting for you!

Kate said...

I can definitely see why you would have that sort of visceral reaction. And where is this lovely house?

melaniet42 said...

How very exciting! I think we've decided we're just going to build next time at this point. Sucks to think about moving in with parents or something for a few months at that point, but it may be worth it for us...

Emily said...

Mel, I think building is a great idea! It guarantees you get the house you want and need for your family.

Brenna said...

what a neat comparison!