Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Wanted

Have you seen this sweet baby? He used to be a good napper. He only cried when he needed to be fed, changed or held. I have reason to believe he has been replaced by a larger child who cries when frustrated and because Daddy is gone. He is also known to scream when he's tired but is unwilling to pick a nap schedule that works for me.

I have read that the transition from two naps to one can be quite difficult. Many women talk about weeks or even months of chaos, crabbiness and tantrums. Since he usually goes down for his first nap 2 to 2 1/2 hours after he wakes up in the morning (which means he's AWAKE from 11 am till 6 pm) so I'm trying to push the morning nap back slowly at 15 minute intervals. Tomorrow we have swimming class which starts when he used to go down for morning nap. I'm hoping that this activity will provide entertainment and distract him from his exhaustion before nap.

I find myself trying to think of new bizarre ways to keep him entertained as I tortuously deprive him of sleep. It's quite the interesting challenge.


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I know you're up to the challenge - you can do it!! Mommy must prevail over baby or it will set a bad precedent for the playgroup...we don't want the other babies gettin' any ideas.

The Crivella Family said...

Don't you know you are living in his world, not the other way around!! Good luck!

Brenna said...

wouldn't it be cool if napping was contagious, like yawning?
yeah.
I'll let you know if we hit upon some magic thing...