Sunday, January 24, 2010

Some New Perspective?

After my 'midnight' rant really all I needed was a little perspective. Like a fancy dinner out with my husband. (Blue cheese crusted fillet... drool.)Done.

Lunch, deep tissue prenatal massage and yummy wine-colored pedicure.
That too.

Dinner pre-gaming at the hotel.
Oh, yes.

Fancy dinner out with the lovely ladies.
Check. (This place, The Smithville Inn had some of the most delicious food ever. The company was faboo too!)

The next morning I slept in till 10. I haven't done that in AGES! Even when I sleep in at home I don't sleep past 8 or maybe 9 because it's a long time for Matt to watch Jack without some help (so says him, not me I have full confidence in him.) After my lie-in we had breakfast and headed Back to the Historic Smithville town area which has many cute and funky shops, like this one:
My personal favorite, of course.

7 comments:

Kate said...

So glad you're feeling better!

Lindsey said...

Sounds like a fun girlie getaway!

Brenna said...

I think you accomplished #1 on your to do list! Yay for a good time!

melaniet42 said...

Glad you got a date night and a fabulous weekend away!!!

Husband said...

And suprisingly you came back to a husband who not only didn't manage to burn the house down, I mean prevented the toddler from burning the house down, but also managed to pretty much finish building a bathroom, clean and organize a storage room, clean off his much neglected dresser, vacuum the upstairs, clean the kitchen AND reunite his long lost parents and brother all in two days.

*Back at work on Monday, and work never seemed like a vacation till now*

Emily said...

Fishing for compliments, are we?

Husband said...

Maybe a bit more like dredging for compliments :D