Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve

I've been trying to think of a way to celebrate the end of this year. 2010 was really, really good to me.
With little kids, hitting a party and having a midnight champagne toast sounds impractical.
But how do I teach Jack about the end of a year? We're going to look through our photo albums (I make one for each year) and talk about what we did last year, and what we did this year and what we'll do next year.
This year we became a family of 4. Which is huge, our house feels more full. Filled with laughter and mess and games and memories.
This year my husband was my hero. He's always my hero, but he deserves extra credit for 2010 because at every opportunity he did more than I needed; expectations were exceeded.
So how do I ring in the new year? 30 Sun Salutations. 108 is the magical number, but as I will be turning 30 in 2011, 30 seems like a magical number to me. Perhaps on my 30th birthday I will have worked my way up to 108.

Om Namah Shivaya.

1 comment:

moosh in indy. said...

2011 should have more pictures of your babies driving cars with cool shades on. Just sayin'.