Monday, July 4, 2011

A Debate Rages...

I have been informed by several sources recently that tankinis are for old ladies... (I call BS)
and in order to avoid being a complete lame-ass I must wear a one-piece instead. (Are you people happy?)

And I have stretch marks on my stomach which isn't a big deal to me, but I don't feel inclined to show them off at the pool or on the beach this summer.... so a real bikini is out. I suppose there is always the monokini... shudder.

Personally, I don't know how I feel about this 'rule' that tankinis are for old ladies... I have a self imposed rule against looking like a mom-trying-to-be-a-milf. So, what are your rules regarding summer swimwear? Should I wear the one-piece or the tank? And more importantly why has this been occupying my thoughts for the last 3 weeks?!

7 comments:

emk said...

I think the 2 piece combo with tank is incredibly popular right now-- for ALL ages. I don't associate it with "old ladies" at all. And you're doing great with bikini bottoms because the typical "mom look" is shorts or a skirt on the bottom.

Both suits show off your fabulously toned arms so, really, it's win-win!

Kristin said...

My solution would be to starve myself for a week and rock a bikini but i'm breastfeeding so I have to eat well. I avoid swimwear at all costs. You look great. I can see where that yoga is paying off.

Caitlin MidAtlantic said...

I love my tankinis. No one needs to see the mom tummy, but I can still get to the bathroom as quick as necessary!

melaniet42 said...

The tankini is fine. Who on earth said THAT??? Mostly because I like easy access in the bathroom, and a two-piece is clearly easier to pull down to pee!

Emily said...

No kidding about bathroom access!! and I'm okay with the mom-tummy... I just don't need everyone else to be okay with my mom-tummy. Right?

My husband is the biggest "anti-tankini" lobbyist I know. He's also a fan of the monokini... but I'm a fan of my DIGNITY... so...

In The Lyme Fight said...

I say screw 'em and wear what you want! When we are 80, we won't care about what people thought about our swimwear. :)

Stacy said...

Wear a tankini... it is not for old people!