Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sometimes I just shake my head.

So our deck was the deck of many colors. First someone painted it khaki, not khaki brown... khaki white. Why? Apparently they're color blind. Then someone painted it red. Not brick red or cherry wood red, but fire truck red. Finally it was painted orange, hazard cone orange. WTF people? Are you deranged?!?

So we tried a chemical stripper for decks. No luck.

Then we tried metal putty knives and some elbow grease. No luck.

Finally we rented a power washer from Home Depot for $75 (whole day charge). Good enough.

Now that we've stripped the deck we're going to stain it. Since we couldn't get off the many other colors we have to use an opaque stain. Guess what color we're choosing? BROWN. Why? You ask. Because that's the FREEKING COLOR OF WOOD.

Jeez!

Ok, so now that I have gotten that off my chest. Seriously, I think I'm in love with the power washer. We cleaned the deck, cleaned the side of the house, cleaned the patio table and cleaned the front walk. I think I'm in love.

2 comments:

melaniet42 said...

We have a small power washer and I love it too! Last year I power washed the stairs coming up out of our basement into the backyard. Seriously, the concrete was black. And now, it's the color of, yep, you guessed it, concrete!

Brenna said...

you can wash your car with it too...on the gentlest setting...we're going to have to do the power washer thing soon too and stain our deck before the pollen producing stuff comes out.