Thursday, February 4, 2010

The White Coat Effect

Poor Jack.

He hates the doctor so much. As soon as they tried to get him to stand on the scale he let out a blood curdling scream and tried to make a bee-line for the exit. Fortunately we were so deep in the labyrinth of exam rooms he didn't make it all the way out before I caught him.

That was the end of attempting his stats.

Needless to say the exam consisted of him clinging to me like a koala while screaming in my ear as the Dr. tried to check his eyes, ears and listen to his heart. The way he was reacting the Dr. should have been ripping his arms off.

Fortunately I had taken my own at home thanks to the Wii Fit and a tape measurer.

Height: 36 (maybe 35.5 in)
Weight: 32 lbs (maybe 31.5 lbs)


It's a good thing they don't check blood pressure because Jack would be the first 2 year old diagnosed with chronic hypertension.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Aw, poor little man :(

Do you want some earplugs for next time? I think we still have some from the pre-baby days of going to metal concerts.

emk said...

Man, so the play doctor's kit didn't help at all?! Boo.

I'm putting him at 35.5 and B closer to 37-- there's definitely at least an inch between them. But Jackzilla could squish B in a second! ;-)

Just think-- no more scheduled appointments for a YEAR!!!!

Gail said...

Maybe when he goes as the "Big Brother" and is just an observer things will be better! (Keep that doctor kit out too!) Gigi

Emily said...

Emily, are you calling my kid short?!

Brenna said...

sorry that it was so traumatic! they didn't need to take stats since they could see he was so robust and healthy by just looking at him! Maybe next year will be better!

Emily said...

He totally gets this doctor fear from Matt. I'm not that worried about it but I don't anticipate it to get better because Matt still panics when he goes to the Doctor. That's why he hasn't seen a doc or dentist in 3 years. Yes, dear, I'm calling you out!

emk said...

Um, not sure that I'm calling him short,exactly. But he's definitely shorter than B&C!