Friday, May 28, 2010

Not Again

Here's a our sweet moment of silence on our car ride. I'd love to say it was a piece of cake and they both behaved beautifully but that is not the case. So instead I offer you pictures of my sweet boys followed by my tragic tale.
We've been dealing with our fair share of sh*t lately. First there was the hormonal sh*t. Then there was the epic sh*t. And then there was the tragic car ride. Things started out great. They were content and then they were both asleep and the husband and I couldn't help but comment on our good luck. Biggest. Mistake. Ever.

Henry started to fuss and we needed gas so we stopped. Decided to do a diaper change to be on the safe side. It was another billion-wipes used, coming out everywhere change and of course we stop at a gas station in the middle of nowhere. So of course it's basically a food cart (like on a street corner in Manhattan) with gas pumps so I didn't even bother looking for the bathroom. So this whole messy diaper change was done, where? on MY car seat.

My husband turns to me and says sarcastically "What so you want me to do with this onesie? Throw it away?" I thought for about 10 seconds, and said, in all seriousness, "Yes! That's a great idea!" The car was filled with stuff we packed, this gas station was a joke- where was I going to wash and dry this shirt. So we did the unthinkable, we threw away the onesie.

If this is the most challenging part of our vacation then I call it a win.

3 comments:

emk said...

was the henry pic taken pre- or post- blowout? that polka dot onesie is awfully cute...!!! :-)

Have a great getaway! Are you staying all week?

Kate said...

Throwing away the onesie was an awesome idea!

The Crivella Family said...

If it was that bad I would have throw it away even if I was at home! I am not a big fan of cleaning up sh*t on anything, hence no cloth diapers in my house!