Thursday, May 6, 2010

This thought that I have

You know how sometimes you have this thought in your head and you can't get it out, and even when you do it just comes right back.

Like that nagging thought that you needed to do something, or needed to get something but you can't remember what it is, and you can't even remember if it's a real memory of needing to do something or just a vague inkling that 'something.... somewhere' needs doing.

Well I have this thought that keeps coming back. I want to blog about it, but I've already blogged about it so I'm really trying not to beat a dead horse here... but then again this is my blog; so if I wanted to beat a dead horse I'd be well within my rights....

Well folks here it is. At least once a day, if not more frequently than that I think to myself "I pushed a baby out of my youknow, and it was the AWESOMEST day ever!!!" Really, I talk to strangers at the grocery store about how I had a successful VBAC. I'm a nutcase about it. Before hand I built it up in my head to be this intense and empowering female experience (which was why I didn't want to go ahead with the second section) and I have to say, it did NOT disappoint!

In a slightly related topic my strange-and-new postpartum symptom is that my c-section incision aches every night. It's about as painful as it was 6 weeks post-op with Jack. I called the midwives and they don't think it's too abnormal, but if it persists for several weeks I am going to have to get checked for a hernia.

2 comments:

melaniet42 said...

My VBAC is totally threatened by this darn placenta previa...ugh I hope it resolves itself!! And...YUM, margaritas!!

Brenna said...

ooooo...hope you don't have a hernia!!!