Saturday, August 14, 2010

Working on it...

I'm working on this post about what's going on with me right now and I'm having a hard time putting it into words. The problem is several things at once: I'm stressed out about selling & buying the houses, I'm feeling like a sub-par mom lately, I don't know if I should just hold on for dear life and trust that it will all be over soon or I should put on my big girl panties and get out of my funk. I don't know that I have the where-with-all to pull myself out of this funk.

Usually I'm pretty good at self-reflecting and seeing what it is that I need to snap out of it and then I just do it. I think I'm feeling like life is coming at me from all sides so I don't know where to start.

Pedicure and a ladies night out, though always good for the soul, might not be enough this time.

I also find myself avoiding my friends because I'm such a Debbie Downer that I don't want to subject people to me. Which I know is part of the problem...

I need to get some fun and not overwhelming activities on my agenda. I know I deserve to be in a good place but my kids also deserve a mom who can roll with the punches not a mom who gets KOed by them.

5 comments:

emk said...

Sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. But I'm not sure your two options are mutually exclusive: you can hang tight and be assured everything will work out as it's supposed to, and let that knowledge pull you out of your funk in the meantime!! I'm sure you guys are doing every little step in this process as well as you can and, if there's nothing else you can do in the meantime, then try to focus all your energies on your wee boys! It'll all get worked out soon! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Buying and/or selling homes (especially trying to do both at the same time) is one of the MOST stressful things to do. Having children under the age of 5 (well, having children, period!) is one of the MOST stressful periods in life. But remember once the house is sold and you've moved into the new one it will all be worthwhile AND having children is also the most rewarding/joyful/satisfying thing in life (interspersed with periods of stress, for sure!). Sooooo, you just have to give yourself a break (by simply acknowledging that this is a tough time right now--or actually a break of a pedicure or a girls night out--or a date with hubby--or a treat with the boys) and try to both enjoy that break and use it to recharge you! Really, all 4 of you need a break--may not be the same one--but all of you are feeling the stress, I'm sure. Is there time for a fun family trip today--to the pool, a walk in the park (just read walking is a MAJOR stress reliever) or something else? In a couple of weekends, you will be here to de-stress at the beach!! Love Mom

Brenna said...

gee, emily and your mom said it so well! I might add...maybe some acupuncture? It helps me stay centered when I go thru a stressful time.

Emily said...

All good advice.... and to top it off, I did more yoga the night (12 hours after) I gave birth to Henry than I've done in the whole last month.

Good things are missing. I need to make time and make myself get back to them!

melaniet42 said...

I'm sure it doesn't reassure you to know we've all been there, but we all go through it at different times. I've been in and out of it over the past year with John being self-employed and our woes connected with that. You're going through major life changes (moving and the processes leading up to it, and adding a new little one to your family) and those changes go with funkness for sure. Don't be so hard on yourself. You'll get through this and be stronger for it!