Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cheap Upgrades

The couch needed some color so for $30 I picked up some fabric and re-used some old pillows and voila! New trendy pillows that match the colors of the room! Fabulous!


The dining room wall needed some interest.

A bunch of old unused picture frames, 2 cans of white spray paint, and some black and white photos.... TaDa!

I love that trying to do thins inexpensively forces me to get creative with what we already have. As an added bonus this means I'm keeping old things out of a landfill by giving them a new purpose!

3 comments:

emk said...

Love the wall o' frames! I always forget about spray paint, but it really does do wonders for craft projects!! (Turns out you don't have to live with things the color that they are!! :-)

melaniet42 said...

The wall frames are great! That's on my project list, but can't decide if I should do it in the kitchen or on the wall going upstairs...

Gail said...

Looks great! I love the pillow materials and the framed collection turned out great! You are SO crafty!