Monday, May 16, 2011

The new playroom

Our deck has become another playroom. With the sand table and the little wading pool the boys love spending a warm afternoon out there. It's 1/2 in the sun 1/2 shaded but I wish we had the ability to have instant shade as the sun increases so for now I'm using the clothing line to make a canopy with a sheet (which I feel like was a genius idea but don't have a picture of.)

I'm now negotiating with my husband how to address the need for shade. Sail Canopy? Pergola? Umbrella? Gigantic mushroom? Any ideas? I'd like to come up with something so we can enjoy the deck all summer long, but I don't want to spend more than I have to. Help me 'sell' this idea to my frugal husband.


Eventually, all good things come to and end. Henry was NOT HAPPY to learn that playtime was over.

5 comments:

Caitlin MidAtlantic said...

Laura LOVES playing outside. But I'm going to have to convince her that she doesn't need a coat on every time we go out. It's getting a bit warm for that!

Brenna said...

pergolas are awesome! (tho sometimes costly) maybe try to tell him that blocking the windows in the afternoon will help keep AC costs down?

The Crivella Family said...

I think those big umbrellas are very cool and then you could move it around as necessary, you know the ones with the one curved arm?

Emily said...

I like those big curved umbrellas too... but I love me a good pergola... Hmmmm....

melaniet42 said...

No solution here, but I love your improvised use-the-clothesline method. Brilliant!