Thursday, March 25, 2010

Coolness

It's been a tough lesson for me to learn, by my relative 'coolness' has been severely compromised by motherhood. Don't get me wrong, I'm still awesome-sauce to hang out with, but I'm talking more about the tangibles of coolness than the intantibles of coolness (like personality, as mine is flawless). ::sarcasm::

Things that make people cool:
  • New, clean, unwrinkled, matching clothes.
  • A cool car, not new or fancy necessarily, but a cool one none-the-less.
  • Done hair, makeup, deodorant (little things like that).
  • A clean house, not covered in baby/toddler accoutrements.
  • The ability to have an entire conversation without being interrupted by a toddler, or without needing to discuss said toddler.
I think I'm still fun but I think it's safe to say I've lost my coolness.





But I'm still crafty.

2 comments:

melaniet42 said...

I think you're cool - but that's coming from another toddler mom. My coolness has departed; I think it went hand in hand with my sexy.

Emily said...

I feel ya, Mel.

And that's half the problem, my litmus-test-of-cool is (at this point) based on info from other moms, who according to my self-designed coolness-scale are also not cool... making the whole thing moot.

I make myself laugh sometimes.