Why are they evil:
- They are more intense that a Braxton Hicks.
- They can be 5 min apart lasting for 30/45 seconds.
- Changing position, taking a shower, drinking water, etc can have no effect on them.
- They do cause cervical change (up to the first 4cm) and they cause effacement.
- They are discouraging, because "This is it!" can happen MULTIPLE times.
- They can tire you out. (Duh!)
So when I say I've been in labor for about a week now, I'm actually not kidding. It's just not the "grab the hospital bag, call everyone we know, push the baby out kind." Fun.
Does it happen every day? No. But I'd guess it's about 3x a week. SO annoying!
But since we are getting close-ish: please place your bets for birthdate and baby size here. For those that need a reminder the c/s is scheduled for April 19th. So that's the LAST possible day to guess...