Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Power of Yoga

When I walk in through the doors to the studio I can actually feel the layers of the day, the chaos of my life peeling off like a snake shedding its skin. I haven't stepped onto the mat yet and I already feel the change. This is true every. single. time.

This is why I felt compelled to participate in Yoga Teacher Training. If class changes me each time in a profound way, where could I go? what would I see? what could I do if I participated in this 11 month long process?

So far my diningroom table has changed.
Note: Jack grabbed a little coloring/workbook we have laying around and insisted that he do his homework with me. Hilarious!

Also my schedule has changed. I'm making room for a daily yoga practice.

I also have food for thought:

The true self is found within. It is not necessary to search externally for that treasure.

With each new birth, each new life the universe expands to make space for the individual.

No comments: