Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Positively Busy + CSA week 3

Jack started the morning off by putting all his 'trucks' on the coffee table and then insisting that he climb up and join them. This activity was followed by the 'pretend Mommy's lap is a parking lot' activity.
Followed by a walk at Arundel Mills mall with Michelle. (Which has become a regular Mon, Wed, Fri activity. The walking location always changes as does the walkers; sometimes we get the whole 'hood involved!)
We got home from the mall to find our Keens had been delivered! These are used (though they hardly look it) and they came from e-Bay for $25 (compared to the regular $48)! I got them in size 6, and Jack has lots of room in his 5's right now so I'm hoping ::fingers crossed:: we might get to use them next summer too!


Lindsey and I carpooled to CSA this week and though it was raining and the kids were enjoying playing with the food and in the mud and in the puddles we somehow managed to get away with quite the booty!
1 dozen eggs, 2 lbs yellow squash, 2 heads lettuce, 1 bunch beets, 1 box blueberries, 1/2 dozen cheesy rolls, 1lb green beans, 1lb sugar snap peas, 1/2 lb 'shrooms, 2lbs red potatoes and 2 jars of jam purchased additionally.

5 comments:

Debbie Downer said...

Not to burst your bubble (because maybe Jack has slow-growing feet), but I can't imagine he'll still be in 6s next year. B's toe is already poking at the top of size 6 sandals that I swear were big on him not 2 months ago. I have already bought the 7s (exact same shoe!) and I think we're about to make the switch. But at least you'll get a FULL summer out of them-- they are super cute!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Thanks, Debbie! Sheesh! Though he's been in the 5's for 4 months and still barely fills them enough to walk. I hope the Keen's don't trip him!

melaniet42 said...

I have those Keens! I bought them at *gulp* full price before I was pregnant and have worn the heck out of them. Still love them and have MORE than gotten my money's worth! Great shoes!

melaniet42 said...

Let me clarify here...I have those Keens for me, not Jilly! I'd like to get her some, but the way her feet are growing, there's NO way!