Friday, April 16, 2010

2 week weigh in

Has it been 2 weeks already?! Yup... well, two weeks tomorrow, technically. I forgot to ask you folks for guesses, so you'll just have to forgive me. Remember, he was 8lbs 8oz and 19.5 inches at birth. Today he weighed in at 8lbs 11oz and 21.75 inches long.
What makes this cool? This was Jack's exact birth weight and length. What else? Henry was 4 days early and Jack was 11 days late so Henry weighs what he would have weighed had he been born 10 days past his due date.
What's the difference? Head size. Jack's head was always in the 90th/95th percentile... while Henry sits comfortably at the 60th. So if you think they look alike but can't figure out what the difference is... perhaps that is it.
Happy Friday!

10 comments:

emk said...

Very cool numbers game! (Of course, I must point out that there's no guarantee that he would've gained weight at the same rate in utero than he's gained since he's been born.) I'm just glad everyone seems to be doing well!

emk said...

"thaT he's gained" not "than..." STUPID TYPO! :-)

The Crivella Family said...

I actually think he doesn't really look like Jack, maybe it is the dark hair!!!

Emily said...

Jack had really dark hair too... till it fell out and grew in blonde.

melaniet42 said...

I do see some resemblance in their features. They, of course, are both exceedingly handsome boys!!

The Crivella Family said...

I went back and looked you are right (I don't know why you his mom wouldn't remember and I would!) Jack did have darker hair but Henry seems to have more hair that Jack did. But it was dark wonder if it will stay dark (like Daddy) or turn blond (like Mommy)

Emily said...

I've been thinking that too Suz... secretly I'm hoping that less falls out this time and we don't spend the first year of life as baldy. Here's hoping!

Lindsey said...

What a fun co-winky-dink! And I can't believe he's already 2 weeks old.

pink joy said...

Just have to tell you congratulations on your beautiful baby boy! Baby Henry is adorable. Love his eyes! So happy for big brother Jack - and you all!

(from Cady's Nana)

Emily said...

Thank you, Pink Joy!!