Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Back to School

Friday evening if my first day of school. I haven't been inside a classroom since 2005 when I finished my Masters Degree. I had been in school from when I was 5 till I was 24 non-stop. Now, after an almost 6 year hiatus I'm starting an 11 month Hatha Yoga teacher training program.

I thought I'd be more zen, because it's you know Yoga and it's not like I'm getting grades or working towards a GPA- if I complete the program I get certified. I'll be able to teach Beginner, Level 1 and Level 2 Yoga. But I'm not so zen. I have first-day-of-school butterflies, big time! I always get butterflies before the first day.

I'm anxious about the workload. I'm kinda worried because I don't know what to expect from the curriculum or requirements. I'm anxious about doing my best. I'm excited to learn and grow. I hope that the whole breastfeeding thing won't be a challenge because classes run kinda long: Friday 6-9 Saturday 12-6 and Sunday 12-6. Henry's not feeding very often but we've made it this far, so I'd like to get all the way to a year.

I have all my books.I have my new hand-stitched yoga mat bag. (I'm so pleased with how it turned out and how little it cost me!)
I wonder if I should bring an apple for the teachers?

1 comment:

melaniet42 said...

WOW! Good for you...good luck!! You'll do just great!