Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Sign of Solidarity

Today Henry went in for his 9 month check-up. He was 29.5 inches long and weighed 21lbs13oz (which is quite a bit lighter than I had been guessing- I guess that shows what I know.)

Henry got 2 shots while we were there: DTaP and Polio.
Jack came along for the trip and was scheduled to get a flu shot (not that I told him that).

While we were there we talked to the Doctor about the hemangioma on Henry's left eyelid. We have been referred to a pediatric Opthamologist because if it continues to grow it could impact his vision and would have to be surgically removed. The doctor felt, and I agree, that it is better to have a first measurement of the hemangioma now before it has already reached surgical proportions (if it ever does.)

I explained to Jack that he was going to get one shot today and while he said "I don't want a shot." at least he didn't throw a tantrum. Jack went first, then Henry. After Henry's shots he took longer to recover than Jack did, which surprised me a little given their personalities.

Jack walked over to Henry still whimpering on my lap and said "It's okay, Henry, I have a boo-boo band aid too." And he pat him on the back. I just about died. So. Stinkin'. Cute.

After we got home Jack regaled Daddy with his story from the doctors office "Daddy, today I cried at the doctor. I got a shot. My band aid is in my pocket." (Close enough.)

No comments: