Saturday, June 26, 2010

Not That I'm Complaining

The Husband cooks. It's awesome.

But the thing is I'm still in charge of the shopping and the meal planning. And that makes things awkward. Sometimes I forget to buy an ingredient or he's forgotten to tell me he needs it. I'm supposed to come up with interesting new dishes for him to prepare. This is hard for 2 reasons: 1. I'm not that creative. 2. I feel weird "telling" him to make me some fancy new dish when I should just feel grateful for the fact that he's willing to make home-cooked, healthy dinners practically every night.

So I'm sending out an SOS- I need some suggestions for meals. What are your go-to dishes?

2 comments:

Anne-Margaret said...

Quiche! Easy to make very healthy and can add whatever you have on hand, cheeses, meats, and veggies. I just keep ready made pie crusts on hand (or you can make your own) and fill. That's definitely one of my go to meals.

melaniet42 said...

Quesadillas! As long as you have tortillas and at least one kind of cheese, you can use whatever's on hand; cheeses, meats, veggies, etc. Oh yeah, and we keep sour cream on hand as a staple too!