Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm not ashamed to milk my birthday for all it's worth

I threw myself a little shindig to celebrate this new milestone. I mean when you think of it, you turn 10 which is double digits- a big deal, then 13- teenager, then 16- driving, then 18- legal, then 21- boozefest and then..... crickets.... 9 years of nothing. How refreshing to hit another milestone!

Jack decided to channel his future self and spent most of the party streaking around the neighborhood in his skivvies. Maybe someday he'll care about nudity, but apparently it's not today. I must have asked "Is he naked?" about 10 times in the course of 3 hours, and fortunately each time he still had his boxer briefs on. Good Grief! Despite the wardrobe challenges my guys look amazing together! No?


By the end of the party I was good. to. go.


Speaking of milking my birthday for all it's worth... in 2 weeks I'm going to the beach with a girlfriend.... without kids. For the whole weekend. The. Whole. Weekend. Sleeping in. Going to tea. Wandering the antique stores. Sleeping (actually sleeping not that resting the eyes while all the other senses work in over drive to sense possible danger) on the beach. Pure Decadence!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy birthday!!! I remember my 30th birthday, and it was the best! They are all still pretty good, but that one was awesome! Have a great trip!